Today, on October 28, a resolution has been passed following the results of the panel for “Environmental Development as a Contribution to the Development of the Future Generation” within the Donetsk International Investment Forum. Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic Denis Pushilin introduced the resolution.
The Head of State invited Igor Mitrokhin, an authorized representative of the International Association of Islamic Business, Deputy Chairman of the Gosstandart of Russia, to take the position of adviser to the Head of the DPR. In addition, he presented several important decisions.
“This is a historic day for the Republic. Being the Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic, I, guided by the current legislation, made the following decisions.
- I invite you, Igor Anatolievich, to take the post of adviser to the Head of the DPR on science and technology and to take the lead in the establishment of the Donetsk Academy of Sciences and the International State Academic University under the Donetsk Academy of Sciences.
- I support the establishment of the International Centre for Scientific, Technical and Economic Development of Donbass – we will provide it with full support and comprehensive assistance on the part of the DPR.
- Taking into account the ongoing reform and the process of construction of the budget system of the DPR, I consider it appropriate to launch works to establish the Chamber of Accounts.
- I welcome the initiative to establish an EcoBank (Islamic Bank) in the territory of the DPR for international payments.
- I request the People’s Council to develop and adopt a complex of laws on investment activities as soon as possible, and to improve the regulatory framework in the field of public-private partnership.
- I propose creating a working group to prepare proposals regarding the Land Reform in order to step up the agricultural development.
- I support the IAIB initiative on the organization of Halal products’ manufacturing in the DPR and their promotion to the countries of the Persian Gulf and Southeast Asia.
- I declare the intention of the Donetsk People’s Republic to accede to the Convention on Biological Diversity and the Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal.
Accession to the Convention on Biological Diversity will facilitate the preservation and sustainable use of biodiversity, and the fair and equitable sharing of the benefits arising out of the utilization of genetic resources.
Accession to the Basel Convention will make it possible to prevent the detrimental effects on human health and the environment that could be caused by the production, use, transboundary movement and disposal of hazardous waste,” Denis Pushilin said.
The first International Investment Forum in the history of the DPR has been held today, October 29, in Donetsk. The Forum brought together more than 500 participants, including about 250 foreign delegates from 17 countries of the world.